Terms & Conditions
- This Canterbury Timber & Building Supplies website at canterburytimbers.com.au, (the "Site") is a shopping website where you can browse, select and order products from Canterbury Timber & Building Supplies.
The ‘buyer’ refers to any legal entity purchasing from the seller.
- The buyers access to and use of the site, including the buyers order of products through the site, is governed by these terms and conditions.
- If the whole or any part of a provision of this agreement is void, unenforceable or illegal in a jurisdiction it is severed for that jurisdiction. The remainder of this agreement has full force and effect and the validity or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction is not affected. This clause has no effect if the severance alters the basic nature of this agreement or is contrary to public policy.
- This agreement is governed by the laws of Australia. Each party submits to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of that place.
- The customer agrees not to attempt to change, add to, remove, deface, hack or otherwise interfere with this website or any material or content displayed on this website.
- The buyer may order products by selecting and submitting the order through the site in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- In certain circumstances, we may need to reject your order. This may happen where the requested product is not available or if there is an error in the price or the product description posted on the site.
- The buyer agrees to comply with all relevant laws relating to your use of the site and the buyers placement of any order through the site.
Use of this site for ordering
- Any order placed through this site for a product is an offer by the buyer to purchase the particular product for the price notified (including the delivery and other charges and taxes if applicable) at the time you place the order. When the buyer orders products from the seller, this constitutes an offer from the buyer to buy those products in accordance with these Conditions of Use. The sellers acceptance of the buyers order occurs (and the contract is formed) when the goods are dispatched to the buyer.
- The seller may ask you to provide additional details or require you to confirm your details to enable us to process any orders placed through the site.
- You agree to provide us with current, complete and accurate details when asked to do so by the site.
Rejection of orders
- Each order placed for products through the site that we accept results in a separate binding agreement between you and us for the supply of those products. For each order accepted by us, we will:
- supply the products in that order to you in accordance with these terms and conditions; and
- provide you with an email confirmation of that order.
- If we reject an order placed through the Site, then we will endeavour to notify you of that rejection at the time you place the order or within a reasonable time after you submit your order.
You will be responsible for the content of any material you enter on the Canterbury Timber & Building Supplies website. All information you enter must be accurate, complete and not misleading, deceptive, defamatory or contrary to law. Canterbury Timber & Building Supplies is not responsible for and disclaims any liability in relation to the content of any messages or information posted by users, or for the content of information of third parties on the Internet, even if accessed through the Canterbury Timber & Building Supplies website. However, Canterbury Timber & Building Supplies reserves the right, which it may or may not exercise in its sole discretion, to review, edit or delete any material that Canterbury Timber & Building Supplies deems to be illegal, offensive or otherwise inappropriate.
Out Of Stock
- If we determine that we do not have a particular product in your order in stock, then we will use reasonable endeavours for 30 days to order the relevant product ("Back Ordered Products"). In this instance, we will notify you of the relevant Back Ordered Products and the anticipated delivery date.
- Our Back Order Policy is incorporated into these terms and conditions.
Risk and title to the products passes to you on the date and time of delivery to the delivery address once payment has been received.
Fees & Charges
- We will charge you, and you agree to pay, the purchase price of each product that is ordered.
- All fees and charges identified in these terms and conditions and all prices for the products are in Australia Dollars (AUD) and include GST where applicable.
- The purchase price of each product is shown on the product list on the site at the time you place your order. The purchase price of a product on the site may not be the same or correspond to the prices in any of our stores for the same product and we are not obliged to match any prices.
- Just like in our stores, prices for products change from time to time and we do not provide any notice of these changes. Subject to these terms and conditions (and in particular, our Out Of Stock Policy), once we have accepted your order, we will not change any prices that apply to the products in that order.
- If you cancel an order then:
- we may refund any amounts paid by you for that cancelled order; subject to:
- Restocking fee may be applied
- Goods are return same condition they were received in
- The item was not a Special Ordered Item.
- we may refund any amounts paid by you for that cancelled order; subject to:
- You may pay the fees and charges for an accepted order using the following payment methods:
- the following credit cards:
- Visa Debit
- Direct Deposit into the Canterbury Timber & Building Supplies bank account
- Trade Account with Canterbury Timber & Building Supplies
- the following credit cards:
- You must not pay, or attempt to pay, for products through any fraudulent or unlawful means
- We will provide you with a receipt at time of delivery which specifies the total fees and charges for the products in the order.
- All prices quoted are in Australia Dollars (AUD) inclusive of GST.
- All transactions will be charged in AUD.
Credit Card Payments
- If we are unable to successfully process your credit card payment for your order that is accepted by us, then we may cancel your order.
- If you choose to pay by credit card, you authorize us to debit the amount that is payable for an accepted order from your nominated credit card.
Direct Debit Bank Account Payments
- If you are unable to successfully transfer the money into our Bank Account, then we may cancel your order.
- Once you have processed your order and transferred the funds into our Bank Account, we will check to see Canterbury Timber & Building Supplies has received the funds before your order proceeds to the fulfilment stage.
Trade Account Payments Online
- This method is only available to businesses that have successfully applied for a Trade Account with Canterbury Timber & Building Supplies.
- Online invoiced amount will be deducted from your Monthly credit limit on your Trade Account.
- Goods will not be dispatched until processing against current Account limits is successful. You will be notified once your Order is being processed.
- Payment of the invoiced amount, including sales tax or GST, must be received, without deduction, by Canterbury Timber within thirty (30) days after the end of the month during which the goods or services were invoiced.
- If the customer commits any act of insolvency, all money due and owing by the Customer to Canterbury Timber, whether by way of credit or otherwise, will become due and payable immediately. Canterbury Timber reserves the right to suspend, with or without notice, any deliveries of goods or services if any payment due by the customer to Canterbury Timber is overdue. The customer must pay interest on the overdue amount, at 12 percent per annum, from the due date for payment until paid. The customer must pay all costs and expenses (including legal costs), which may be incurred by Canterbury timber in the attempted recovery of the overdue amount.
Can be found here: https://canterburytimbers.com.au/delivery-policy/
Can be found here: https://canterburytimbers.com.au/return-policy/
Can be found here: https://canterburytimbers.com.au/privacy-policy/
Copyright © Canterbury Timber & Building Supplies 2021. All rights reserved.
You acknowledge and agree that all content, coding, text, graphics and Information available on this website is protected by copyright, trade mark or other intellectual property rights and laws.
All other use, copying, adaptation, transmission or reproduction of this website or any part of it is prohibited except to the extent permitted by Australian and international copyright law.
The trade marks which appear on this website are the trade marks of their respective owners. Use of these trade marks without the owners consent will infringe the respective owner’s intellectual property rights. Nothing in this website should be interpreted as granting any rights to use or distribute any names, logos, or trade marks except with the express written consent of the respective owner.
No part of this website may be reproduced, modified, or distributed in any form or manner without the prior written permission of Canterbury Timber & Building Supplies.
Canterbury Timber & Building Supplies is not liable to any party for any direct, indirect, economic or consequential loss or damage for any use of or reliance upon the Information found on this website or on any other linked website, including, without limitation to, loss suffered in connection with out of date materials or transmission of computer viruses, lost profits, business interruption, loss of programs or data, even if Canterbury Timber & Building Supplies is expressly advised of the possibility of such damages. If your use of the website or the Information results in the need for servicing or replacing equipment or data, Canterbury Timber & Building Supplies is not responsible for those costs.
Canterbury Timber & Building Supplies does not warrant or represent that the Information is free from computer viruses or other typographical errors or defects. Canterbury Timber & Building Supplies recommends that virus checks should be done on any Information downloaded. The use of the website and the Information is at your own risk.
Canterbury Timber & Building Supplies excludes, to the maximum extent permitted by law, all warranties, representations, and implied terms and any liability which may arise in relation to access to or use of this website or the Information.
Where liability cannot be excluded, any liability incurred by Canterbury Timber & Building Supplies is limited to, at the option of Canterbury Timber & Building Supplies, the re-supply of the Information on the website or the repayment of reasonable costs of having the Information re-supplied. Under no circumstances will Canterbury Timber & Building Supplies be liable for any direct, indirect, economic, incidental, special or consequential loss or damages arising out of the use of this website or the Information, including lost business profits.
Updated 9 July 2021